The Old Courthouse

The Old Courthouse

The Old Courthouse

The courthouse, built in 1801, was designed by the prominent Irish architect Francis Johnston, who also designed the General Post Office and Nelson’s Pillar in Dublin, Townley Hall,County Louth and the front entrance to Slane Castle.

 

The building of the courthouse was financed by the Headfort family as a gift to the people of the town.

Heritage Trail
Category

Historic Trail